We have added this course by popular demand!
This course is an intensive one day course which will get you to an advanced level with your AK pattern rifle as a fighting tool. The AK platform is the most common combat rifle in the world, with a well deserved reputation for simplicity, reliability and ruggedness, and this course will allow you to gain a new understanding of just why this rifle is so popular and enduring as you learn all of the real-world tips, tricks, and drills that will make your AK your go-to rifle.
This course will cover:
For this course, you will need:
- An AK pattern rifle (AK-47/AK -74 and variants)
- At least 5 AK magazines
- A magazine pouch/carrier
- 400 rounds of ammunition for the rifle
- A service caliber pistol- 9mm/.40/.45, etc..
- 100-150 rounds of ammunition for the pistol (any decent ball ammo is fine)
- A good holster (you're going to be doing a LOT of drawing, firing , and re-holstering, and you want a decent rig)
- At LEAST 3 magazines for the pistol
- Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact-resistant eye glasses or goggles)
- A ball cap/boonie, etc. (this is going to keep the sun off of you, and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
- A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
- A basic kit for cleaning/malfunctions - CLP, a Boresnake, a few rags (we will run the guns very hard, and they will see the dirt of the ground a time or two; you want to be prepared to give the gun a quick and dirty cleaning)
- A decent pair of shoes( you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety.)
- A gallon of water - 1 gallon jug, 8 or 10 bottles, a Camelback and a couple refills, however you do it, you will NEED the hydration as we will be outside, engaged in physical activity all day, and you do NOT want to get dehydrated....bring water.
As always, long pants, a crew neck shirt to keep the hot brass out, etc, are a must; also, a comfortable folding chair and a snack or two is not a bad idea. It's a long range day, and you're going to be wanting to sit on the few breaks we take. We take lunch right there on the range, so you will want to pack something for dinner....
* Course includes certificate and handouts
For more information on course scheduling and pricing, please see the Registration Page here.