This course is designed to make the most of your home defense shotgun. It will take the user from basic to advanced in defensive shotgun technique and will allow you to use one of the most effective close quarter defensive platforms to its maximum potential.
This course will cover:
For this course you will need:
- A shotgun (either 12 or 20 ga, pump action or auto)
- 50 rounds of buckshot or slugs
- 125 rounds of birdshot
- A sling
- A service caliber pistol - 9mm/.40/.45, etc.
- 100 rounds of ammunition (any decent ball ammo is fine)
- A good holster (you're going to be doing a LOT of drawing, firing , and re-holstering, and you want a decent rig)
- At LEAST 2 magazines
- Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact-resistant eye glasses or goggles)
- A ball cap/boonie, etc. (this is going to keep the sun off of you, and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
- A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
- A basic kit for cleaning/malfunctions- CLP, a Boresnake, a few rags (we will run the guns very hard, and they will see the dirt of the ground a time or two; you want to be prepared to give the gun a quick and dirty cleaning)
- A decent pair of shoes (you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety.)
As always, long pants, a crew neck shirt to keep the hot brass out, etc, are a must; also a comfortable folding chair, your lunch, and a snack or two is not a bad idea. It's a long range day and you're going to be wanting to sit on the few breaks we take.
* Course includes certificate and handouts
For more information on course scheduling and pricing, please see the Registration Page here.