Ladies, whether you just got your first pistol or if you have been shooting for years, if you are a woman who has taken responsibility for her own safety, this is the course that is perfect for you!
This course teaches you basic handgun safety, and allows you to become comfortable with your pistol and improve your handgun manipulation and shooting skills while addressing the issues that are unique to women.
The students in this course are all female and the environment is very relaxed and comforting, with no pressure. We are sure you will have a great time as you take that next step in your personal safety.....
* We offer this course at a very low price because we want to do our part to help you become a better, safer more prepared shooter. In addition, we are supporters of a woman's right to defend herself. If you are a woman and you have a valid Protective Injunction (restraining order) in place, let us know and show us a copy of the court order showing you as the protected person, and we will train you in this class for FREE.
This course includes:
Gear you will need for this course:
- A handgun-.38 9mm/.40/.45, etc..
- 250-300 rounds of ammunition for the pistol (any decent ball ammo is fine)
- A good holster, or holster purse
- At LEAST 2 magazines for the pistol
- Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact -resistant eye glasses or goggles)
- A ball cap or other hat. (this is going to keep the sun off of you, and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
- A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
- A decent pair of shoes; ( you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety, DO NOT wear sandals or other open-toed shoes)
Several bottles of water - a 1 gallon jug, 8 or 10 bottles, a Camelback and a couple refills, however you do it, you will NEED the hydration, as we will be outside, engaged in physical activity all day, and you do NOT want to get dehydrated....bring water.
* Course includes certificate and handouts
For more information on course scheduling and pricing, please see the Registration Page here.