This course is designed to teach you not how to shoot your carbine, but rather how to FIGHT with it. It's geared toward the shooter who already has a basic familiarity with his or her carbine and who wants to take the next step to honing their carbine skills toward defense and combat. This course is geared to the AR-15 pattern rifles.
This course includes:
For this class you will need:
- A serviceable AR-15 pattern rifle
- A sling for the rifle
- At least 5 magazines
- Magazine pouches or load bearing vest with pouches
- 450 rounds of rifle ammunition
- A service caliber pistol- 9mm/.40/.45, etc..
- 200 rounds of ammunition (any decent ball ammo is fine)
- A good holster for the handgun
- At LEAST 3 magazines for the handgun
- Magazine pouches for the handgun
- Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact-resistant eye glasses or goggles)
- A ball cap/boonie, etc. (this is going to keep the sun off of you and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
- A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
- A basic kit for cleaning/malfunctions - CLP, a Boresnake, a few rags (we will run the guns very hard and they will see the dirt of the ground a time or two; you want to be prepared to give the gun a quick and dirty cleaning)
- A decent pair of shoes (you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety.)
As always, long pants, a crew neck shirt to keep the hot brass out, etc., are a must; also, a comfortable folding chair, your lunch, and a snack or two is not a bad idea. It's a long range day and you're going to be wanting to sit on the few breaks we take.
* Course includes certificate and handouts
For more information on course scheduling and pricing, please see the Registration Page here.