TACTICAL HANDGUN I
This course takes you to the next level in your preparedness and confidence with your handgun. you will learn the importance of carrying and drawing properly as well as how to safely and effectively employ your handgun while moving from cover and while defending yourself from an attacker.
This course will include:
For this class you will need:
A service caliber pistol- 9mm/.40/.45, etc..
- 500-600 rounds of ammunition (any decent ball ammo is fine)
- A good holster (you're going to be doing a LOT of drawing, firing , and re-holstering, and you want a decent rig)
- At LEAST 3 magazines ( more is better, as it will reduce down time for everyone in reloading empty magazines)
- Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact -resistant eye glasses or goggles)
- A ball cap/boonie, etc. (this is going to keep the sun off of you, and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
- A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
- A basic kit for cleaning/malfunctions- CLP, a Boresnake, a few rags (we will run the guns very hard, and they will see the dirt of the ground a time or two; you want to be prepared to give the gun a quick and dirty cleaning)
- A decent pair of shoes (you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety.)
As always, long pants, a crew neck shirt to keep the hot brass out, etc, are a must; also a comfortable folding chair, your lunch, and a snack or two is not a bad idea; it's a long range day, and you're going to be wanting to sit on the few breaks we take.
* Course includes certificate and handouts
For more information on course scheduling and pricing, please see the Registration Page here.